Plenty of news and articles have been posted recently regarding food trucks. Here are some of the articles we have been reading:
- A new airport dining option: food trucks – Many airports around the country have started hosting food trucks in their cellphone waiting lots, including Truckspotting local airport, Tampa International Airport, who was one of the first to adopt this trend. According to the article’s report from the National Restaurant Association, 43% of adults have now purchased items from a food truck.
- Miami’s food truck craze catches on for school meals – Food trucks are being used to deliver healthy meals to students in public schools now with Miami-Dade county joining in.
- How one association is leading a food truck revolution – The SoCal Mobile Food Vendors Association is offering help to other city vendors to get set up with an association free of charge. A great read for both food truck enthusiasts, advocates, and food truck owners.
- Best food trucks in San Francisco – SFist talks their favorite food trucks in the city of the Golden Gate.
- Food Truck Freedom: How to Build Better Food-Truck Laws in Your City – This report by the Institute for Justice is a great read for food truck activists or anyone who wants more information on why food trucks are great for your city!
About Carlos Hernandez: Carlos Hernandez is the owner and author of local Tampa-based food blog, Carlos Eats, and attends dozens if not hundreds of food events every year in Tampa Bay and beyond. Follow Carlos on Twitter @CarlosEats and Like him on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/carloseatsblog